dinsdag 18 februari 2014

St Lucia 21

Lieve vriendjes and vriendinnetjes,

I feel that I am close to God. As a missionary we have a lot of little rules on what to do and also what not to do. It's quite the intense schedule I can say. I wake up every morning at 6.30am study two hours and go out, come back for a hour of lunch and then stay away till 9pm. Then I come home, plan for the next day, write in my journal, make nightly calls to fulfill my leadership responsibilities and go to bed at 10.30pm. Every single day, you can ask isn't that tiring? Of course it is, I am dead tired every day. But then comes the more important question: why do I do it? Think about that, I could decide to go home anytime. Nobody is forcing me to be here or to do the things that I am expected to do. So why do I do it? 
I feel that I am close to God, that's why. I can testify that the moment I will stop being as diligent of a missionary that I am, I will not feel as much as close to God. Not in a physical way close of course, but in a spiritual way. Then you can say does it really matter that much if I wake up at 6.30 or 6.31? It's just one minute, who cares? It does matter and let me explain why: I promised (covenanted) with God to do so. To you waking up at 6.31 (or whatever time you prefer) does not make a difference, you never covenanted to. I promised to God to be a missionary, to live by the rules he has laid down for me. Not out of fear, nor out of obligation but out of love for Him. It is vital in this life to keep your covenants. I promised to abide by the mission rules, God promised me the blessings that I cannot receive in any other way. When I do what the Lord commands, "He is bound". I feel so happy in my life because I keep my covenants that I made, temporal (mission rules) as well as eternal.
Dearest friends, consider what blessings you have obtained by keeping your covenants. All blessings are given because of the Law that was irrevocably decreed in heaven. Keep your covenants, get that happiness in your life. 
Shoot I am out of time.. Oh well, have a good week and ponder on the covenants you have made. Strive to always keep them. Doesn't mean you wake up at 6.30 for you have not made that covenant. But what did you covenanted to do? Then do that, nothing more nothing less. 
Love,
Elder Thomas Bechan 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten