maandag 30 december 2013

St Lucia 15

Lieve vriendjes and vriendinnetjes,

Did you have a merry Christmas? I think, know with a surety, that this last Christmas has been the most exciting Christmas of my entire life. Christmas eve we were all (misisonaries) together in the church to watch our christmas movie and about 5minutes into the movie the rain came down. And it never stopped. Pouring rain with tons of lighting and thunder. The senior couple came in about halve way through the movie and told me that the weather was out of control!! So we stopped the movie and decided to try to get back to our appartment! So we split up and took other missionaries as well to get home. But boy the weather was bad! We said a prayer and went out. As missionaries you have to stand outside of the car to back your companion out. And I must obey so I did that. Water was just coming down the hill like a river. The water reached till my ankles and it was coming down the hill (this computer doesn't let me send pictures so that will come next week). After a little while driving we made a turn but because of the water the car just drifted straight! And we ended up in a gutter... Car was tillted side ways in about a 45 degrees angle. I think I never got out of the car as fast as I did that night. So we were standing their hoping that a car would pass by to pull us out. Didn't happen.. So we went back to church walking to just water as deep as you ankles flowing down to the beach. It was quite the adventure. Spend the night under the church (we have a missionary appartment under the church). Next morning all the water was gone and look like nothing happened... Later we found out that the southern part of the island just got destroyed. 6 people lost their life, houses were washed away and just defestation. As result of the storm we also didn't have any water till this morning. We had a water tank but that thing ran out after a few days. Glad that we have a emergency supply of water so enough drinking water. But no water to flush toilet, do dishes or take a proper shower. Felt a little bit like we were surviving. 
But the work most go on and we had an amazing week! We found a amazing Trinidadian family who you can feel are prepared by the Lord. The Spirit of God touches them when we teach them. Also a 21 year old investigator we have is preparing to be baptist on the 11th of January! The work is just wonderful. All you ever have to do in your life is obey. When you are obedient to the terms that God has set for our happiness. You gain happiness. It's like a law of physics. If you drop your pen it will fall to the ground, If you obey God you will feel happiness. Immediately. For we can read in Mosiah 2:24 "He doth require that ye should do as he hath commanded you; for which if ye do, he doth immediately bless you". I can testify with all my heart that this is true, for I experience it. Go try it, and if you do I can promises you in the name of the Lord that happiness and peace will come your way.

Love,
Elder Thomas Bechan

PS. Thanks everybody for the beautiful christmas presents! I got a few packages and  letters and it's the best thank you very much!
PPS. I got my transfer call I'm staying in St. Lucia and will have a new companion: Elder Glade. I will train him to be a zone-leader! 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten