maandag 24 maart 2014

Laatste St Lucia

  • Xavi's Baptism (Rizaria's son)‏


Lieve vriendjes and Vriendinnetjes,

Transfer call. I will be leaving the island of St. Lucia, after 7,5 beautiful months it is time for me to leave. And of course this would not be the West-Indies mission if I would serve on a next paradisical island. From Wednesday on I will be serving on Barbados!! I am so excited!! This also means I will meet up with my one and only Dutch friend in the mission Elder Westra. Dutch UNITE!
To quote President Monson: "The only constistent thing in life is change". Change is a perfect opportunity to look back and witness the blessings and to look forward with hope and love. St. Lucia has been the scene on which the best months of my entire life has taken place. Never, but never have I experience more joy, purpose, revelation and gratefulness than these last few months. This has been my home, a few more months here and I would be longer member of this branch then of my ward back at home! So indeed it feels like him. I want to invite all of you, every single one. To stop just for a second, and ponder how has the Lord blessed you this last periode of time? This last week? Month? Day? I testify to you that God is part of your life. He is the one that makes it happen. The moment you recognize it, that's when true joy comes. To know that you don't have to do it by yourself. Their is a story of a man who want walking with the Lord on a beach. Looking back he saw two sets of footprints, right next to each other. Then he noticed on the most difficult part of the journey, the most trying, only one set of footprints. He asked: "Lord, why in these most difficult times was there only one set of prints? Why in the time of great need was there only one sets of footprints? Why did you let me walk by myself? Didn't you understand I needed you?" The Lord replies: "My son, don't you remember. I have told you I will never forsake you, never will I let you walk alone. Don't you remember, in the times you were tired, exhausted by life, burdened down, I never left. In those times I carried you".
Dear dear friends, look back at your footprints. Recognize the Lord right next to you. I testify to you that he will never leave. As long as we want him around, He will be there. He promised.

Love,
Elder Thomas Bechan



  • Got stuck for hour and a halve in a police station...‏



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten