donderdag 17 juli 2014

Barbados 14

Lieve vriendjes and vriendinnetjes,

Life is so good, can't understand people that say a mission is hard. Of course the physical labor is tiring, have been tired for the last year straight. But hard? Not at all, it is so rewarding. I feel such an amazing happiness in my life. God's Spirit dwells within me freely, every week my happiness just increases. An experience I had this week was impressive. As you people might know I am coming home pretty soon (sadly enough, if you ask me) but I felt at the beginning of the week that the Lord needed me to help somebody get baptized while I am still here. What that impression I needed to just go work. The Lord had a work for me to do, so I tried everything within my power to get it accomplished. Nothing seemed to work out this week though, people weren't progressing towards baptism at all. World Cup is also a big distraction though! Gosh Sunday afternoon nobody wanted to listen to us for all where to busy watching the game. So nothing seemed to work out. But I knew what I felt, and I knew I have the faith sufficient to do what the Lord expects of me. Then the most incredible thing happened. Sunday an investigator that, due to future commitments, wasn't able to be baptized in the time frame I am still here. The Lord just changed that up, now he is good for baptism at the end of the month. Faith is so powerful. If you feel that you need to do something, that's god telling you to do it. When you get that impression, work for that. The Lord will always grant unto you power to do whatsoever is expedient unto Him, but only on the condition of faith. Show your faith, doubt nothing, and then you will recognize the Lord in your life. Doors that appeared to be locked down, will magically open. The Lord will provide.
With love,
Elder Thomas Bechan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten