maandag 12 mei 2014

Barbados 6

Dear friends,

The Lord has worked through me this week. I testify of that, I was able to discover for myself how to receive pure revelation from the Lord. Not halve answers to problems, not guessing what could be correct. Direct unmistakable answers. The answers and words were as clear in my mind as these words are as clear on your computer screen. I have been pondering what my zone needs to improve here on Barbados. The idea missionaries have in our mission is that Barbados is "hard". So time to lift spirits and understand the greater purpose of God's work on this island. A story in the November Liahona kind of illustrates the purpose. It was given in a talk to the Relief Society by a Sister (don't know the lady's name of the top of my head). It spoke about a Shepherd calling in his five sheep. Four came running at the call of his voice. One didn't. This sheep was given away by her previous owner because she would always go astray. So the new shepherd tied her down, so she wouldn't run away and that slowly showed the sheep that he cared. In the story the sheep is no longer bound, but only has a little rope tied around the neck. I believe the one sheep didn't come running because she didn't trust the shepherd. She also didn't stay put because she was afraid something along the way could hurt she. The reason why I believe the Sheep stayed put was because the sheep thought it was still pinned down. The illusion of the rope around the neck made the sheep think she was still bound. So the shepherd lovingly walked to his sheep, petted her on the head and walked her inside the barn. 
Are we responding to the call of the Shepherd? Or do we believe we are still bound? Do we believe that miracles can happen or do we think that missionary work is "hard"? My dear friends please be better than a sheep. Don't "tie yourself down" by saying things as: "it is too hard", "I can't do it". When you do this you "handcuff" God. You tell Him I don't want a miracle. Faith proceeds the miracle. Please move forward, respond to the call of the Good Shepherd, there in lies safety and peace. I testify that the Lord loves you and that He is our Shepherd and we are his sheep. Trust Him, love him. There in is true joy.
With love,
Elder Thomas Bechan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten