woensdag 30 april 2014

Barbados 5


Shamar, me, Elder Hale, Jalisa and Junior‏


Dear vriendjes and vriendinnetjes,

So yes yet another week has flown by, where does the time go.. Had another baptism yesterday! Was a sweet sweet experience (like all others of course). Who ever attended a baptismal service will agree with me that it has a wonderful Spirit about it. The Lord testifies of the truthfulness of the ordinance through his Holy Ghost. She was just radiating happiness for she knew she got baptized the proper way. To quote her own words: " I'z a Mormon now" (West-Indian slang is the most fun way of talking by the way). Was a great great day. Don't even know where to start this week. An investigator who kind of fell of the earth for a bit, decided to jump back on again. He is now progressing towards his baptism on the 11th of May. 
Was just reflecting on the wonderful experience this mission is for me. People call it "The best two year" but that's an understatement! Honestly all you young people, there is nothing more worth your time then experiencing serving the Lord with all you got. I testify that nothing on this earth can give you greater joy for this time in your life then serving a mission. As the scriptures teach: "Learn wisdom in thy youth". Or in other words, interpreted by me, Serve a mission in thy youth! Your knowledge and understand of important things will explode! You will feel joy you never thought even existed! So fill out your papers and respond to the call! Young man it's your blessing, young woman it's your privilege. So what are you waiting for? Same thing for senior couples by the way, the Lord needs you. I testify that the calling of a missionary is of God, I feel the power of his Spirit and his hand in my life. I feel that the ordination I received to be a missionary is performed under the authority of God. You can experience this blessing, there is in your life nothing that could be more sweet then serving the Lord. I testify of that. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten