zaterdag 21 juni 2014

Barbados 11



Dear friends and family,

What a week! My last week with Elder Hale, sadly enough. His two years is up, Thursday he'll be back home in Arizona. Really loved serving with him, he is a great guy. New companion will be Elder Randon Smith, he was in my zone in St. Lucia and he is a great guy. It will be wonderful.
Yesterday Desmond got baptized! He is a 72 year old man with a troubled past. But somewhere within those long years he decided to change and turn to God. In a miraculous way we got in contact with him and now 5 weeks later he is baptized. Every single thing we invited to do, he did it. Simply because he truly believed we are send by God and whatever we teach him is God words. He has such fire when he prays and that's how he figured out everything must be true. The happiness that started radiating from his countance grew every single time we would visit with him. It is a great blessing, perhaps even the greatest at the moment, to witness such a miracle happen before my own two eyes. 
I am simply happy. I feel great, nothing in my way. I truly know that the Gospel is true, because of the simple fact that I live it. Only way you can find out if something works, is to try it.I testify that keeping God's commandments is what gives the greatest joy, it truly does. 
This week was just wonderful, that's about the only way to accurately describe it. And we even beat Spain 5-1, how glorious is that. Not that I saw anything of it but it's still great. 
Hope everybody will have a great week! Love and enjoy, that's a key to happiness.
With love,
Elder Thomas Bechan


Desmond Joseph's Baptism‏

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten