dinsdag 24 juni 2014

Barbados 12




 I just love being a missionary it's the best :) No worries about anything it's such a good life! Teaching people, meeting people, serving God, there you got three ingredients to a happy life. The vibes that are on Barbados are amazing, I love the people here so much. It's hard to put it into words what I truly experience. Try thinking about some of the best memories you have and how you felt. Then put it in a row for 2years, that might be a indicator of how I feel. Even walking through the burning sun is a blessing. Had a great experience yesterday of how missionary work brings that joy into life. We took a member with us teaching yesterday. Mainly because his dad told him it would be a good idea. He had been kind of lacking on church and the desire to come was slowly disappearing, so his dad volunteered him to come out with us (great idea by the way). So we showed up at the house and he just walked out without any form of happiness. Checking his watch twice every second, and just not very motivated. Kind of tried to get him excited or to open up. After the first appointment, which went really well, he seemed more excited. Good thing me and Elder Smith are good at being ridiculous and at one point I think we really got him to open up to us. I think he really liked coming out with us. From being unwillingly volunteered to having a great time. When we asked him when he could come with us again his response was: "Any day besides Monday". The Spirit that missionary work brings is miraculous. I testify to you that it is real. I experience it every single day, my life is wonderful. And I see it happen to other people. My invitation to you is to "catch the wave", get excited, it truly is one of the greatest blessing you can have. Do you have a struggling family member who finds it hard to keep the faith? Send them out with the missionaries, they will love it!! Do you feel you could use more God in your life? Or get a boost? Go do missionary work. It is the greatest blessing in my life and I love every single aspect of it 
With love,
Elder Thomas Bechan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten