maandag 7 april 2014

Barbados 2

Dear vriendjes and vriendinnetjes,

My heavens what a week. I just know God lives, for I feel it. How did you like general conference? You loved it?! So did I!! This week we also had zone-conference and President Mehr and his wife and Assistants stayed the entire week. Assistants stayed whole week in our apartment, was a wonderful opportunity to meet with my dear friend Elder Anderson again. Even though we had so much things happen this week we still accomplished plenty. The Lord truly is working in his vineyard, I blink and another miracle happens right in front of me. One lady we met last week who went from deepest of despair to radiating something close to Celestial glow. What brought her from point A to point Happiness was the Book of Mormon. The moment we brought up the Book of Mormon I saw a spark light up in her eyes, as if she remembered what she had know a very long time ago. The moment we gave her a Book her countenance changed. As if a burden fell of her. She started reading the Book and now she just radiates happiness, it is a miracle. A testimony builder that God truly lives and that he has restored his fullness of truth once again on the earth to never be taken away. A fullness of happiness to be obtained in this world, freely without charge. If I would tell you all you had to do to be happy is read a Book and apply the things you read, would you not do that? It is that simple, no rocket science, no difficult psychological theories, just a reading a Book. Of course not any book but as the Lord describes it "seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith" (D&C 88:118). I testify to you my dear friends that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It's teachings have provided me with inner feelings I find hard to describe. I testify of the truthfulness of the restored gospel and all the elements it contains. I know, with a pure knowledge, that this church belongs to our Savior, Jesus Christ. And now it's up to you to find that out for yourself and to go do something with it. As I mentioned before the Lord doesn't ask big and hard things, but small and simple things. By which great things are brought to pass. 
Know that I love you and that God loves you. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
With love,
Elder Thomas Bechan

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten